If you are a California (“CA”) resident, please note the following about how we have collected, used, disclosed and otherwise processed your personal information over the past 12 months, as well as additional rights you may have with respect to your personal information.
· CA Personal Information. Consistent with ourWebsite Privacy Notice (“The categories of personal data collected” section) and Americas Client Privacy Notice (“Information we collect” section), we may collect certain categories of information about CA residents, such as:
o Identifiers, such as name, address, and email address;
o Contact information and financial information;
o Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website;
o Audio, visual, and similar information, such as call recordings;
o Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed above, for example, to create a profile about an individual’s preferences and characteristics; and
o Sensitive personal information, such as taxpayer identification number.
· Uses and Disclosures of CA Personal Information. We use and disclose Personal Information as described in our Website Privacy Notice (“What we use personal data for" and "Personal data sharing and data transfers" sections) and our Americas Client Privacy Notice(“How we use your information” section).
· No Sale of Personal Information. We do not disclose your personal information in a manner that constitutes a "sale" under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“California Privacy Rights Act”). We do not sell your personal information.
· Opt-Out of Sharing Personal Information. In the past 12 months, we may have shared the following categories of personal information about California residents that are subject to the California Privacy Rights Act, with third parties for cross-context behavioral advertising:
(1) Identifiers, such as name and email address:
(2) Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, IP address, unique device identifier, browsing history and information regarding an individual’s interaction with our website.
If you are a California resident, click below to Opt Out of sharing.
· Data Retention. We keep your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include (i) the duration of our relationship with you or your institution; and (ii) our legal obligations, including in the context of any applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations. We may remove personal information for inactive accounts from our database, subject to any applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Furthermore, we may delete personal information from our database at any time and without providing any reason, as permitted by applicable law.
· California Privacy Rights. As a CA resident and subject to certain exceptions, you may have the right to access, correct and/or delete your personal information. To exercise these rights, please submit this https://forms-bus.barclays.co.uk/forms/cpra?source=cib or call us toll-free at 1800 368 4021. We will undertake to verify that the individual making the request is the individual about whom we have collected personal information, or an authorized agent, by matching the identifying information that the individual has provided with the personal information maintained by us or through the use of a third party service provider.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the California Privacy Rights Act on your behalf in certain circumstances. If you use an authorized agent for this purpose, we may ask you to verify your identity or that you provided the authorized agent signed permission to submit a request on your behalf. If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to CA Probate Code sections 4000 to 4465, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the California Privacy Rights Act.
You will not be penalized for exercising your rights to your personal information. And, if we deny your request, we will explain why.